My two year old daughter loves helping to makes these. They’re not super bad so make for a good treat for the kids too.
2 Granny smith apples
1 sheet of shop bought puff pastry
1tbsp plain flour
1tbsp granulated sugar (skip or reduce this to a teaspoon if this is for the kids)
2tbsp ground cinnamon (optional for kiddies but a must for the olds)
Preheat oven to 180c
1. peel and dice the apples into small chunks and place in a bowl
2. sprinkle the flour, sugar and cinnamon over the appples and mix until most apples have some coating
3. roll out the puff pastry and cut into squares
4. place the apple mixture onto a corner of pastry and fold over to form a triangle. Push the edges down to seal and repeat until all the pastry has been used.
5. cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown
Serve with ice-cream or squirty cream or just with a cuppa. I drizzled some icing sugar on mine, but tastes just as good without it.