Scones are the ultimate quick treat and they don’t need to be super bad… bonus. But a scone isn’t a scone without lashings of clotted cream and sweet fruity jam – the badder the better if you ask me.
200g self raising flour
A pinch of salt
25g caster sugar
100ml milk and a little extra for glazing
Preheat oven to 200C
1. Rub the butter into flour to resemble fine breadcrumbs
2. Stir in the sugar and salt
3. Make a well in the middle of the flour and slowly add the milk, mixing all the time to form a soft dough.
4. Turn out on a lightly floured surface to kneed together.
5. Stretch out the dough or roughly roll it out to about 2cm thick. Using a small cutter cut out approx 12-14 scones.
6. Glaze lightly with milk and cook for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
They taste amazing hot or cold, served with clotted cream and your favourite jam. Nom!