When Starbucks started doing pistachio cake this summer, my husband and I had it for breakfast. No it’s not healthy, nor a good example to set to our kids, but boy was it good! This wasn’t quite the same but still tasted pretty damn good.
Thank you Chetna!
220g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g White chocolate
For the icing
60g icing sugar
60g White chocolate
A handful of pistachios
Preheat oven to 180C
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. Lightly beat the eggs, adding half to the butter mix followed by half of the sieved flour and baking powder. Mix and repeat with the remainder of the eggs and flour.
3. Add the milk and mix until all combined.
4. Using a chopper, roughly blitz the pistachios and white chocolate then fold into the cake mixture.
5. Turn the mixture out into a loaf tin and cook for 50 minutes until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Whilst the cake cools in the tin, mix together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
7. Melt and cool the White chocolate (either over hot water or in the microwave) and stir into the butter mix.
8. Ice the cake once cool and top with chopped pistachios.