I would only really make this with left over dough so my ingredients list below is based on rough estimates for 4-5 parathas.
1 cup Chapatti flour
1/2 cup of water
Butter or ghee
1 tbsp cinnamon per paratha
1 tbsp brown Demerara sugar per paratha
1. Pour the chapatti flour into a large bowl, make a well in the middle and slowly mix the water until combined. Then kneed to form a soft pliable dough.
2. Make 4/5 even balls from the dough and roll out a small circle from the dough.
3. Spread the butter, sugar and cinnamon over the rolled out dough.
4. Fold the dough into thirds; first from left to right then top and bottom to form a square
5. Roll out the square, using extra dry chapatti flour if needed and turning frequently to maintain the shape.
6. Heat a flat based frying pan/tava/crepe pan and place the paratha on top once relatively hot.
7. Turn once the top starts to evenly change colour and cover with a light coating of butter or ghee. Repeat this process until both sides are cooked evenly through.
8. Enjoy hot off the tava. I have this with a tiny scoop of ice cream – if you know, you know 😉