Please see Carnation Milk recipes for the original.
100g dark soft brown sugar
4tbsp condensed milk
325g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate soda
4tsp ground ginger
Icing sugar tube and/or sweets to decorate
Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
1. Heat the butter and sugar in a saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the condensed milk and stir together.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and ginger into a bowl. Using a spoon, slowly mix in the syrup mixture.
3. Once combined use your hands to bring together to a dough.
4. Roll out the dough to a thickness of a pound coin. Using a cutter, cut out the gingerbread men (or any other shape you wish).
5. Place on the baking tray and cook for 10-13 minutes until golden brown.
6. Cool completely before decorating