I haven’t needed to make this in years as it’s my sister-in-laws signature dish. I’m sure she wouldn’t approve of all of the cheats in this, but for a quick fix, you can’t go wrong… sorry (not sorry) 😜
15 – 20 digestive biscuits; I use a mix of plain, chocolate digestives and malted milk biscuits.
1 tin carnation caramel
2-3 large bananas, sliced
300ml double cream
Grated chocolate to decorate
You’ll need a round 8″ tart tray/cake tin
1. Blitz the biscuits until they form fine bread crumbs.
2. Melt the butter and mix into the biscuit crumbs.
3. Spread the crumbs evenly into the cake tin, using the back of a spoon to smooth and spread up the sides of the tin too. Ideally refrigerate for 10-15 minutes, although if you don’t have the time, a quick blitz in the freezer for a few minutes is better than nothing.
4. Once set, spread a layer of caramel over the base and cover with sliced bananas. Don’t over handle the caramel as it won’t set. Repeat with the remaining caramel and banana slices.
5. Whip the double cream until it forms soft peaks. Spread over the pie and finish off with grated chocolate.
6. Keep refrigerated until it’s time to serve.
See carnation recipes for the original