These cookies are incredibly moreish and the actual cookie dough is amazing! We usually save some raw dough to chuck into ice cream (see no-churn ice cream recipe) or sandwich ice cream between two warm cookies as a dessert.
125g butter, at room temp
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self raising flour
A pinch of salt
100g chocolate chips (or dried cranberries and white chocolate or toffee pieces – anything really)
Preheat oven to 180°C
1. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, then combine the egg and vanilla.
2. Sift in the flour and salt, then mix in the chocolate chips.
3. Roll the dough into walnut size balls and place on a sheet of baking parchment.
4. Cook for between 7-10 minutes depending on how soft and gooey you like them.
5. Let them cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm 🙂
See BBC for original recipe